We lived in Dresden for 9 months.

Hi, I am Eric Muller. My wife and I lived in Dresden from September, 2008 to June, 2009. We lived in a villa in Kleinzschachwitz and worked at the MPI. If you are going to travel to Dresden, poke around my posts and you will discover fantastic places to visit.

Monday, April 20, 2009

My Birthday

Had a great day leading up to my birthday. Started off with a 55 kilometer bike ride up the Elbe to Königstein. The weather was perfect and after warming up I rode with my Maui T-shirt the whole way. The view of the Königstein castle from the trail was stunning, the hills were colored spring green, flowers were in bloom, and on the way back the beer gardens were full.
I got home, showered, ate and took a two hour nap. I was tired.
Then the evening was filled with a wonderful party that Christiane, Hilmar and Fränzi had for me. We kept a fire going in the large fire pit at the rear of their property, by the ice cream shop. The fire started around 7:30 and lasted 'till midnight.
From 2009_04_19

With me.
From 2009_04_19

The fire ( most of the time it wasn't this big.)
From 2009_04_19

We joked, we ate Hungarian goulash, we drank bowle and beer, we cooked dough boys and little hot dogs on sticks. I had printed out a page full of the lyrics for camp fire songs and we sang. It was hilarious singing Row Row Row your boat as a round. I changed the lyrics of Michael Rowed the Boat Ashore, to Hilmar Rowed the Boat Ashore and made other changes so that it was about our life on the Elbe with our hosts.
Then at midnight I got presents....Great times.

HILMAR ROWED THE BOAT ASHORE

Hilmar rowed his boat ashore, Alleluia
Hilmar rowed his boat ashore, Alleluia

Christiane brought the food, Alleluia
Christiane brought the food, Alleluia

The river Elbe is shallow and wide, Alleluia
Schloss Pillnitz is on the other side, Alleluia

The river Elbe is chilly and cold, Alleluia
But the air is fresh and the sun is warm, Alleluia

If you want a Kugel of Eis, Alleluia
Just see Fränzi at her shop, Alleluia

No comments: