We lived in Dresden for 9 months.

Hi, I am Eric Muller. My wife and I lived in Dresden from September, 2008 to June, 2009. We lived in a villa in Kleinzschachwitz and worked at the MPI. If you are going to travel to Dresden, poke around my posts and you will discover fantastic places to visit.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weihnachtsmarkts in Dresden -1

Well, we did make progress at the restaurant Villandry's. Trish loved the soup and vegetables. Really nothing is better than a meal at home with the family. Here, after our trip to Bautzen, the four of us toast with our matching beer glasses.
From Return from Bautzen Cheers

Each glass is engraved with our names. Oh, except mine, which is engraved Vati, German for Daddy, but also resembling my sons' endearing name for me, "The big fatty."
The glasses came from one of our trips to the largest Christmas market in Dresden, Striezelmarkt. This market has been held regularly since 1434!
From Christmas markets

Patrick next to some kind of Christmas bug.
From Christmas markets

Me next to a huge spinning Christmas pyramid.
From Christmas markets

There were so many stalls.
From Christmas markets

Here is the stall where our glasses were engraved.
From Christmas markets

You may have noticed that in some pictures I am wearing a new winter hat. I bought it at this market at this stall. Could not convince Stephen to get this hat there, but he does look good in it, don't you think.
From Christmas markets

All in all a fantastic market, but we did go to another....

No comments: